I was mucking around with Audacity, listening to songs in reverse. For the fun of it, I put on everyone’s favorite song, Blurred Lines. And shockingly, I heard something I had never expected to hear. Robin Thicke was fooling us this whole time. He wasn’t trying to be misogynistic, he wanted us to listen closer to the song and understand that he in fact does believe his lady partner needs to be treated with the utmost respect.
You might find it VERY hard to believe, but I implore you to listen very closely (with headphones if you can, because it can be hard to hear). The message I’m talking about comes in around the 30 second mark.
After the 30sec mark I just kind of stared at my wall for the rest of the song trying to accept what I just heard.
levels of headcanon:
- This is heavily supported by text/subtext and is likely what the creators intended for me to get from this
- this is sort of supported by the text and could, conceivably be what the creators intended for me to get from the text/subtext
- there is no evidence either way
- there is slight evidence against my headcanon, but I don’t care
- I’ve stopped giving a shit about canon
- this is supported by reinterpreting canon details, comparing with real world experiences and context but the creators likely did not intend it, but instead left enormous holes in their work through which I could produce it.
- the creators (whether due to executive meddling, budgetary constraints, plot trainwrecks, poor writing, etc.) are incompetent fools who accidentally left terrifying implications in their work that they completely ignore that I can’t.
So, Ikecchi and I were re-watching SnK when she suddenly just started laughing like crazy because apparently
the moustache just looks ridiculous
do you see it
A selection of major Death Note characters’ names and their meanings.
(“Mihael” isn’t an established name, but it’s clearly a derivative of “Michael,” so I included it.)
We’ve all had that awkward moment where we accidentally touched our friend’s boob
One True Pairing.
finding out u and ur friend are into the same obscure fetish
trans/queerphobia is not limited solely to the actual murder of people it also includes but is not limited to:
- casual cissexism (ie. “girls are so strong dealing with their periods!”)
- denial of privilege (ie. “yeah gay people might have it hard but i have it hard too and im straight!!”)
- trivialization of oppression (ie. “not all cis people are like that!! theres a few assholes out there, but most people are accepting!”)
- passive bi-standing (ie. not actively oppressing trans/queer people but also not DOING ANYTHING when they are being oppressed)
- refocusing attention onto the privileged party (ie. “yeah you may get called a [t slur] but you called me a cishet which is bullying!!”)
- weaponizing support (ie. “now that you were mean to me i dont know if i want to support queer people anymore”)
- invalidation of anger (ie. “just because youre oppressed doesnt mean you can just bully people!”)
- simplifying oppression (ie. “lets all just be nice to each other!”)
- erasure of identities (ie. “just stop labeling yourself and you wont get oppressed!”
- speaking over an oppressed party [whether for profit or not] (ie. MACKLEMORE)
- The word the OP was looking for is bystanding. Not bi-standing. Stop being ableist; not everyone has two feet/legs they can stand on. (Note: this is a joke as I am pretty sure the OP was used to writing “bi” in other terms and typoed. Also pointing out the possibility of casual ableism, in keeping with the theme of the post.)
And that’s just the start; most of these points have problems and at least one has an example that is a direct example of another point, not the one it’s given for…
I’m reblogging this because yesterday Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni signed the anti-gay bill I talked about in this comic into law.
This bill includes LIFE IMPRISONMENT for gay sex. It includes LIFE IMPRISONMENT for being in a gay marriage. The directors of any NGOs (including Sexual Minorities Uganda) found guilty of “promotion of homosexuality” face SEVEN YEARS IN JAIL.
This is the real stuff, people. Many of the folks I drew in this comic were just named directly by a tabloid newspaper and are fearing an imminent witch hunt.
A lot of the blame for this falls squarely on the shoulders of one man, Scott Lively, and his global campaign of homophobia. Please go read the full comic I did last month for the Center for Constitutional Rights that explains their legal case against him.
This is very important. Get informed by reading this great piece by Andy Warner.